New Book: Your Wish is My Command: Programming By Example

From: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers (webmaster@mkp.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 13:03:51 MET DST

  • Next message: Adrian David Cheok: "Fuzzy/soft computing based virtual characters and agents for virtual worlds, e-agents, and computer gaming - Special Session FUZZ-IEEE Call-for-papers"

    Morgan Kaufmann Publishers - New Book Announcement

    Your Wish is My Command: Programming By Example
    by Henry Lieberman

    http://www.mkp.com/books_catalog/catalog.asp?ISBN=1-55860-688-2

    As user interface designers, software developers, and yes-as users, we
    all know the frustration that comes with using "one size fits all"
    software from off the shelf. On the horizon is a new technology that
    promises to give ordinary users the power to create and modify their
    own programs. Programming by example (PBE) is a technique in which a
    software agent records a user's behavior in an interactive graphical
    interface, then automatically writes a program that will perform that
    behavior for the user. In _Your Wish is My Command: Programming by
    Example_, programming experts describe implemented systems showing
    that PBE can work in a wide variety of application fields.