Re: Probability Vs Fuzzy Logic....

From: ca314159 (ca314159@bestweb.net)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 20:18:34 MET DST

    Harris Georgiou wrote:

    > Ο ca314159 <ca314159@bestweb.net> έγραψε στο μήνυμα συζήτησης:
    > 3B080E66.2102@bestweb.net...
    > > Harris Georgiou wrote:
    > > >

    > > Penrose has many interesting perspectives but I don't look
    > > for too much closure when reading his works.
    > > In contrast to this, there are "indecisive decisions" made
    >
    > A really thoughtful presentation. Couldn't said it better.
    > As for R.Penrose, I have some arguments against his writtings myself (I DO
    > believe that some day we will be able to construct an "artificial" thinking
    > machine that has the same properties as humans, i.e. it will be
    > "intelligent" or "smart" or whatever we want to call it, but it will
    > probably act in a cognitive level different and not fully understandable by
    > humans).
    > For now, all we can do is use our "technical" innovations like ANNs, fuzzy
    > logic, traditional AI, etc, in our effort to solve the difficult problems of
    > our time (the ones that only humans seem to have the ability to do so).

     Malo e lelei

     There seems to be a co-evolution between humans and machines.
     They and us. Us and they. Cybernetics. Ouroboros.
     The physical laws and resources constrain the possibilities.

     It may be that the only way to travel to other planets is
     not to physicially move us there but to move there here,
     by extending the reality of our eyes and ears,...,our
     tele-presense. My natural sensors don't consciously
     remind me how far they are from my brain each time
     I use them.

     In a sense the internet has done this, but the
     bandwidth is too limited for such 'virtual reality'
     to be indistinguishable from reality; which is
     both good and bad.

     Then, with more and better senses to see both big
     and small, near and far like Gulliver, in high fidelity,
     philosophers might ponder what it all means;
     whether it is better than our 'natural' senses, or
     whether this is the inevitable natural next-step
     of evolution for all sentients.

     Palimpsestos. The wiping of the screen of reality
     replacing it with another fuller reality; a reality
     more highly resolved than the one we observe now
     with our limited natural senses.

     'To boldy grow where no man has grown before'.

     Is there such a thing as 'conscious evolution' as opposed to
     natural evolution ?

     The 'human element' periodically disappears from the picture.
     Every time there's a great mechanized war, the human element
     largely disappears for awhile and the sides become inevitably
     engaged like battling robots until one or more side's resources
     are sufficiently diminished.

     The effect of such a war, becomes irrelevant to its cause.

     Humans sometimes seem a nice compromise between animals and machines.
     The dividing line between these extrema is not so much a crisp
     straight line as a waving curve.