Re: Humans think fuzzy?

From: Russ Heersberger (russ.hersberger@home.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 15:34:39 MET DST

    <Snip> :-)
    > fuzzy, but it is a fact that human brain learns most of the things in a
    > trial-and-error scheme.
    1. I disagree. Humans and others use teaching to increase knowledge. Without
    teaching there is very little a human (with a few exceptions) can discover
    in a lifetime.
    2. Are you implying that trial and error systems are fuzzy systems?

    >A neuron output
    > fluctuates between two boundary values (say, "0" and "1") but all the
    values
    > in between are used to characterize an unknown or ambiguous input,
    something
    > that works much like a fuzzy fuction, not binary for sure.
    There are many distributions and mathematical functions that when normalized
    fluctuate between 0 and 1. Are they fuzzy functions?

    > Harris Georgiou
    > Informatics Systems Analyst (MSc)
    > mailto:xgeorgio@hol.gr

    Russ Hersberger