"Inevitable Illusions"

From: Chris De Voir (devoirc@biotronik.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 13:35:12 MET DST

    I am not attacking the science of Fuzzy Theory, but I have had this nagging
    thought about the excluded middle and other normative thinking rules. Does
    anyone know of an examination of Fuzzy Theory from the perspective of
    Cognitive Science? People are already susceptible to cognitive illusions
    just doing work-aday thinking in the Crisp world using traditional logic.
    Are there normative thinking rules for the Fuzzy World? Are there studies,
    reviews, discussions etc. of cognitive illusions in Fuzzy?

    ["Inevitable Illusions - How Mistakes of Reason Rule Our Minds" by Massimo
    Piattelli-Palmarini]

    Thanks for any URLs, references, or additional thoughts,
    Chris De Voir.