MATLAB Fuzzy defuzzification question

From: Cathy Willermet (cmw@elp.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 12:18:53 MET DST

    Hi, if anyone has familiarity with creating implications (outputs) for
    defuzzification, here's a question for you:

    I am using MATLAB's Fuzzy Logic Toolbox. I have 5 variables (inputs),
    each with two possible output sets (for 10 rules). I want the program,
    for each variable, to assign the case to one of the two sets. However,
    when I defuzzify my results I want it to tell me the membership (0 to 1)
    for ONE of the sets--so it will tell me "this case is a member of group
    A to the degree of, say, 0.75". How do I design my output variable,
    aggregation method, and defuzzification method to achieve this result?

    I am finding that an object that should have high membership in one set
    to actually show much lower than expected membership.

    Thanks so much for any suggestions.

    C. Willermet