Re: BISC: Prof' Zadeh's Lecture

From: Breezy (weiz@spam-block.sympac.com.au)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 15:00:42 MET DST

    I think the language humans use to describe the complicated tasks they
    perform
    is not unlike higher level software that covers much more complicated layers
    of processing.
    Humans at some stage physiologically get down to processing at an
    Electro-chemical (neuronal)
    hardware level, again roughly paralleling the bits that are the basic
    building blocks of a computer.
    The linguistic, perceptive, fuzzy external layer is evolutions way of
    allowing us cope.
    While artificial intelligence is going to have to also present in this fuzzy
    way, in order to facilitate
    an effective communication between us and our future machines, we still need
    to get to an effective
    deffuzzying system that at those more basic level turn on the correct bits

    Rob W
    RedShed Software