faculty openings in ECE at UTEP

From: Patricia Nava (pnava@ece.utep.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 16:36:59 MET

    Dear colleagues,

    Sorry if you have seen this before, I'm trying to
    post to different lists.

    There are several openings in our department. We
    are looking mainly for people in computer engineering.
    especially in the areas of data communications,
    computer networks, etc. Please pass this on to anyone
    who might be interested. The contact information is shown
    at the bottom of the ad, but I'd be willing to talk informally.

    Regards,
    Patricia Nava
          The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP):

    Department of Electrical and Computer
    Engineering invites applications for several tenure-track positions at
    the rank of
    Assistant and Associate Professor starting Fall Semester 2001.
    Candidates should
    have Ph.D. with relevant experience in computer engineering, biomedical
    engineering, analog and mixed signal, wireless communications,
    microelectronics,
    and solid state devices. The duties include developing and teaching
    graduate and
    undergraduate courses, conducting research and supervising graduate
    students. A
    recent grant from Texas Instruments foundation to enhance our
    DSP/Communications curriculum will provide great opportunity for new
    faculty
    members. Send applications along with names and contact information of
    three
    references to Dr. Mehdi Shadaram, Professor and Chair, Department of
    Electrical
    and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX
    79968,
    email: shadaram@utep.edu. UTEP is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
    Action
    Employer.