Re: Probability and possibility

From: MM (molnar@fel.utc.sk)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 14:43:26 MET

    I think there are a number of ways in which this question could be
    answered.
    I have a funny one, which isn't my. It was posted months before in this
    newsgroup:

    Differences between probability, measure theory and fuzzy sets.
    Question: Is there a salami sandwich in the refrigerator?
    Answer: 0.5

    If "probability", then there either is or isn't, with probability one half.
    If "measure", then there is a half salami sandwich there.
    If "fuzzy", then there is something there, but it isn't really a salami
    sandwich. Perhaps it is some other kind of sandwich, or salami without the
    bread.