Fuzzy Implication Rules with Fuzzy Input

From: albert@massivbau.tu-darmstadt.de
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 19:01:29 MET

    Hello!

    I have a question concerning fuzzy implication rules.
    Suppose I have a set of fuzzy rules
    "If x=small, then y=big"
    "If x=big, then y=small" ...
    and suppose that I want to model these rules with a "real"
    implication operator (e.g. Goedel or Kleene/Dienes) and combine
    the single results afterwards using an intersection operator. I have
    fully understood how to do this in case of a precise input x' (i.e. a
    singleton). However from the papers that I have read I have got the
    impression that it is a different story if I have a fuzzy input.
    Isn't it correct to just calculate sup min (x,x') and to use this
    matching degree as a modifier for the fuzzy sets of the output?

    Thank you very much in advance for your help!

    Regards
    Andrej Albert

        Dipl.-Ing. Andrej Albert
        Institut für Massivbau