Re: Do we have proofs that human think in a fuzzy (logic) way?

From: Paul Victor Birke (nonlinear@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 14:45:06 MET

    Martine De Cock wrote:

    > > Cristian Fabbi wrote:
    > > >
    > > > studied by FL? Why do we say that with Fuzzy Logic we will make computers
    > > > thinking like human?
    >
    > Because we believe "that humans deal with imprecision and uncertainty by
    > using linguistic values and that they apply some kind of approximate
    > reasoning techniques rather than exact numerical values and first order
    > logic". (Fuzzy Sets and Approximate Reasoning, Etienne E. Kerre, Xian
    > Jiaotong University Press, Xian (P.R. China), 1999).
    *******************
    Dear Martine

    Certainly for adults. The language medium is there and fully
    developed. The language and how we use same has word expressive
    mechanisms for clear fuzzy pronouncements.

    But what if you are 1 years old and have no language? Do you still
    think like this? I thought this is what Christian was asking around.

    I still contend we are more >>black and white<< at this stage and
    develop more sophisticated ways of thinking and expressing ourselves
    once perhaps when we are about 3 plus years. I think we learn fuzziness
    from our mother and father as we listen to them express imprecision and
    uncertainty and finding ourselves agreeable to follow this reasoning.

    Paul