Re: Do we have proofs that human think in a fuzzy (logic) way?

From: Ulrich Bodenhofer (ulrich.bodenhofer@scch.at)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 10:13:35 MET

    Referring also to the two other replies to this question, I would like to
    state that human thinking and learning is slightly more complicated.
    ANNs and FL are both only models for some aspects of the way humans
    think and learn. It is, IMHO, however, not at all justified to say that the
    human
    brain works exactly like ANNs or FL.
    I think that human learning and thinking has a lot of different components
    and mechanisms, both supervised and unsupervised as well as
    black-box and white-box (the fact that all these mechanisms are embedded
    in a kind of neural system, is, IMHO, not the point here).
    FL provides a model for control, decision making, etc., which, in a
    rather restricted setting, mimicks the human tolerance for imprecision.
    By this way, FL helps to formalize human knowledge such that
    it becomes computationally tractable -- not less and for sure not more.

    Regards,
    Ulrich